Home | About IJMPO | Editorial board | Search | Ahead of print | Current Issue | Archives | Instructions | Subscribe | Advertise | Contact us |  Login 
Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology
Search Article 
  
Advanced search 
 
Year : 2000  |  Volume : 21  |  Issue : 3  |  Page : 74-80

Deciding about the appropriate chemotherapy regimen for gestational trophoblastic tumours


Department of Gynaecology, Gujarat and Research Institute, Amadavad

Correspondence Address:
KS Dave
Department of Gynaecology, Gujarat and Research Institute, Amadavad

Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


Rights and PermissionsRights and Permissions

A retrospective analysis of 75 patients suffering from gestational trophoblastic tumours treated at the Gujarat Cancer Research Institute (GCRI), Amadavad, between 1995 and 1999 has been done. According to the WHO scoring system, 48 percent 21.3 percent and 30.7 percent of patients were of low risk (LR), medium risk (MRR) and high risk (G\HR) groups, respectively. Low risk (LR) patients were treated with methotrexate and folinic acid (MTX-FA) regimen. The medium risk (MR) patients received either MTX-FA or etoposide, methotrexate and actinomycin (EMA) and the high risk (HR) patients received EMA or EMA plus cyclophosphamide and vincristive (EMA-CO). Those with confirmed brain metastasis also received intrathecal methotrexate. All the patients (100 percent) with LR achieved remission with the most commonly used regimen MTX-FA. The MR group of patients also achieved 100 percent remission with MTX-FA,EMA, or EMA-CO regimen. Remission rate in the HR group was 61.1 percent (11/18) with the first line chemotherapy and additional 22.2 percent remission rate (4/18) was achieved with the second line chemotherapy (i.e. cisplatin and etoposide) making the total CR of 83.3 percent. Most commonly used regimen in HR group of patients was EMA-CO (10 as the first and 2 as the second line chemotherapy). Usefulness of EMA regimen in MR and HR groups of patients requires further study.


[PDF Not available]*
Print this article     Email this article
 Next article
 Previous article
 Table of Contents

 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
 Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
 Reader Comments
 Email Alert *
 Add to My List *
 * Requires registration (Free)
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed663    
    Printed52    
    Emailed0    
    PDF Downloaded0    
    Comments [Add]    

Recommend this journal